Courtesy of my battle buddy Jamie, I made some delish dinner tonight for Hubby! This recipe was super easy and can be prepped ahead of time too!
What you need:
2 lbs shredded Chicken
16 oz Sour Cream
10.75 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
6 oz can of Diced Green Chiles w/ liquid
3 Cups Mexican Cheese Mix
12 pack flour tortillas
2 Mixing Bowls
Okay, now here’s the scoop:
- There was a tinsy mix up with me and Jamie regarding the amount of Sour Cream.. turns out I used too much this time (but it was still super yummy!).
- Also, she uses Jalapeno peppers instead of just plain ol’ green chiles, but me and Hubby are faint of tastebuds so we kept it mild this time.
- Oh, and I used left overs from our Beer Can Chicken (recipe and blog soon to follow) for the shredded chicken, Jamie uses a rotisserie chicken from the store, but you could use canned chicken too if you want.
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350*, debone the chicken and throw away the fat, bones, and skin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the sour cream, chicken soup, chiles with liquid, and 2 cups of mexican cheese. Place 1/4 of the mixture to the side in a small bowl.
3. Add Chicken to the 1st bowl and mix it all up
4. Spoon the Chicken mixture into the tortillas and roll them up. Place into a non-stick sprayed 9×13 dish
5. Spread the remaining mixture over the enchilladas and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
6. Bake uncovered 25 minutes and let stand 5 minutes
What did you make for dinner?
Share your recipe with me, and I’ll try it out!